If you’re struggling with gambling, it’s important to know that you’re not alone. Gambling problems can lead to a variety of issues ranging from financial stress to social isolation and even criminal activity. Learn to identify the warning signs of a gambling addiction and seek help for yourself or someone you love.
One of the best things you can do to stop playing slots is to avoid them altogether. Not only are online slot machines extremely addictive, but they also come with some serious health risks.
1. Bad Sight: It’s no secret that online slots can cause severe eye problems, which is why you should be careful not to play them for too long.
The longer you play online slots, the more likely it is that your eyes will start to get tired and lose their sensitivity to light. This can result in blurry vision, red eyes and headaches. It can even affect your mood, making it harder to stay focused on work and other tasks.
2. Bad Habits: It’s a good idea to block any online sites that you think might be dangerous or addictive for a set period of time. This will prevent you from visiting any sites that may encourage you to gamble.
3. Bad Decisions: If you’re unable to resist the urge to gamble, it’s often a good idea to make a conscious decision to stop. This will give you a chance to think about why you’re gambling and whether it’s really worth it.
4. Self-Ban: If you’re a serious gambler and you want to be sure that you’re not tempted by any casino games, consider asking for a self-ban. This is usually done through a security guard, and they will guide you through the process. You’ll be blocked from the casino for 6 months, which should keep you away from the temptation to play.
5. Problem Gambling: If you’re feeling overwhelmed by your gambling, it’s a good idea to seek help. A number of charities offer support and treatment for those struggling with problem gambling.
This can include talking to a counselor or therapist, and it can also involve forming new, healthy habits. Aside from learning to control your money, you should also look at the impact that gambling has on your relationships with friends and family.
6. If you’re a professional gambler: It’s a good idea to limit your time in casinos to specific hours, so that you don’t become too absorbed in the game and end up spending more than you should. You might also want to use a timer for your sessions so that you can track your time and avoid going overboard.
7. If You’re a Problem Gambler: It’s a good idea to seek treatment for gambling problems, especially if you’ve been losing large sums of money regularly. It can be a long and hard journey, but it’s important to stick with it if you want to find recovery.
If you are struggling with a gambling addiction, you can take advantage of a number of free resources available to you online. These include gambling self-assessment tools, free helplines, and financial management advice.